Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"for i dearly love to laugh"

I am extremely tired. The first devotional is tomorrow and I need to wake up early and hit the gym and get a bunch of reading done for my Thursday class but I felt a need to express my thoughts; hence the blog entry at 1:11 am.

I was having a pretty out of sorts day on Saturday and since I wasnt sure who exactly to vent to I decided to write Kirt a letter and let him have my stress. After the letter writing/venting I read a passage of scripture he suggested to me (DC 122) and amid a few tears and after silent prayer I felt completely better. Today I read his email for the week (I recently asked his mother to send them to me) and he included one of my favorite stories! It's about the two frogs and one just drowns in that silly milk but the other swims around till it turns to butter and he hops out! The moral is this: don't give up. He explained that he had never read or heard of this story before but absolutely loves it. Elder Haynie continued to write about how it reminds him of Joseph Smith's time spent in Liberty Jail and how even when times are tough if we just keep swimming all will be well in the end. How beautiful that even before I sent him my letter he was helping me relax. What a good person he is!

I have 9 too many letters to write to my friends serving in the field but I am way overdue on catching them up on the world. BSU won over Virginia State tonight and I went to a house party in Orem to watch it with some people from my ward. Kennedy and Ashley Carr were there too and it was lovely to catch up with them. It's been too long and even though we're all family we hardly ever see each other... I love my family and I love my ward and I love my friends and my birthday is in 5 days!! crazzyyy!! I'll be twenty!!!! Holy Cow!

Well that is all dearest blog of mine and whoever happens to stumble upon it =] Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment