Monday, June 7, 2010

tyson

I saw Ty today. It was wonderful. He has sweaty palms. I really just wanted to hug him. But he was already set apart. He's always had wet hands. I miss him. I think he will be a fantastic missionary. The girls in his areas will fall head over heels in love with him. I did. It took a while but finally happened when we were studying. He is such a good guy. He's goofy and weird and rude and completely selfless and does what he can to help people. I've never met anyone like him. I am so lucky to have known him. He once told me that I shouldn't be sad over him leaving on his mission (I was nervous that we would never be friends again because by the time I see him one of us may very well be married). He said "Kari, don't think like that (I was being negative and logical). Even if I don't see you after our missions we will be friends in the forevers. There's no way we couldn't be." He is wonderful. He helped me yesterday in church when I was feeling down on myself. A while ago he sent me some advice that helped me get over a time of weakness and major self doubt issues I was having. I wrote it down in my scriptures:
  1. Get on your knees and pray
  2. Fast
  3. Go to the temple
  4. Read your scriptures
  5. Matthew 10:39
  6. Don't worry about what you can't control

Wonderful, wonderful person. I will forever be thankful for Physical Science 100 during summer term 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment