Thursday, April 28, 2011

Karl G. Maser

Ah, I was just thinking how I should explain what my picture is up at the top. I did a photo-shoot with my RA/friend Lauren Merkley and we decided that rolling around on the grass would be cute. It totally was. The coolest part about our shoot in front of the Maser building is that essentially I am named after Karl G. Maser! My grandpa's dad was a friend of Mr. Maser and named my great uncle after him, Karl A. Seely. My mother, my grandpa's second daughter, was named after her uncle Karl, hence Karla (Karl A smooshed together is Karla, get it?). When I was born my mom was going to name me Arielle but The Little Mermaid was supposed to come out in a few years and she didn't want to name me after a fish so, like her name and like her mother's name she put a K in front of Arielle and that is how I became KariElle; after a long list of Ks with the beginning being Brother Karl G. Maser. Cool, huh?

The 'e' is capitalized in the middle of my name because my mom liked Elle magazine and it means girl in French.

3 comments:

  1. WHO KNEW?? Enlightening! I love names with meaning behind them, more than just "it's a name I liked." You sometimes get tired of names you like, but when it means something you'll always be happy with it. At least that's what I decided when I was naming my girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are way too adorable not to have meaningful names! I whole-heartedly welcome them to the "unique name for a reason" club =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ahhh kari you have the prettiest name everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete